Thursday 5 May 2011

Penny

The workhouse ma'am was called Mrs Frobbisher. Every time she said anything to us we had to reply "yes Mrs Frobbisher." I was born in the workhouse I knew my mother was here ,but I didn't know where I didn't care, I Had no love for her and from what Mrs Frobbisher said she hated me she had seen me as an inconvenience after being caught trying to abandon me several times she left me on the workhouse doorstep and a few years later turned up there herself penniless and drunk! All in all I had no proper mother ,but II am a mother to my little sister Penny when mother was found on the door step she was clutching a small baby with Penny written on a label round her neck ,they think mother was trying the abandoning trick again! The other children saw a new toy and the moment the Nurse fell asleep some small girls lifted Penny out of her cradle waking her so that she screamed! They tried to play Mothers and Fathers ,Whilst yellling at her to make her stop screaming, they eventually got bored and left her on the floor where she fell asleep...
Only to be woken by a little boy and his older brother, The boy had obviosly decided that Penny would make a great police siren as he proceded to get on all fours and drive around the floor while his brother poked Penny to make her wail! A small group of children grabbed her and began one at a time using belts to strap her thier to thier backs and held a competion to see  could shake her off in the shortest time! I wasnt having that! I couldn't wake the nurse so I snatched her away from them, placing her back into her cradle and singing her to sleep whilst acting as  guard incase anyone fancied havng a go at my sister Penny!

1 comment:

  1. I've started an online book club the web address is http://bookclub.webplus.net/index.html
    It is called Book Club

    ReplyDelete