Friday 6 May 2011

Rights

Today Sam suffers rights!
She lost us our dinners for the last time. If we had snitched on her she would have been caned, we can't cane her but we can preform rights! I tried to warn her even telling her about, rights, but she didn't believe me she soon she will though.
The night nurse falls  asleep the children stop playing and form a circle even the youngest children step nervously, having had right s before. Sam walks in. We only use rights for snitches and what the children here consider bad. If some one for example, tore up one of Mrs Frobbishers best dresses they wouldn't own up as no-one knows what happens to the people who do. One boy did, but never tells us what happened. All he says is that its worse than the cane worse even than rights, but thats diffrent, thats rebbelion the person doing it is treated like a hero!
But stuff like talking at night is not rebellion. Rebbelion makes us feel proud it makes us see going with out food as a meagre price to pay. Therefore rebels are encoraged brothers and sisters tell thier younger siblings tales of rebels. Bad people arre given rights.
Sam hasn't had all this infomation but I had told her the procedure. She knows whats coming she walks bravely into the circle.
We around her in one voice cout slowly.
"One, two ,three!"
All of a sudden we leap into the circle and onto Sam. Ripping at her hair hitting, kicking any where exept her face then the sands in the hour glass Mrs Frobbisher uses to tie our work with run out. We all step back, she lies bruised on the floor. I walk out, as I am closest to her I have to do this as it is the way. I help  her up in my hand  is a pot full of mud thatthe people told to sweep the yard collected. In goes my hand I pull it out slimy and wet and slap her face, I slap it again,and again, and again until she is drenched in mud. We push her into the corridor, and listen until we hear footsteps, angry words and more footsteps.
For Sam is about to have her final  punishment with Mrs Frobbisher...........

No comments:

Post a Comment